The Dare to Lead™ Retreat
Every Wednesday starting Sept 16 – Nov 4 | (8-week Virtual Workshop)
Facilitator: Sandy Mitsch, MCC, CPCC, CDTLF
Dare to Lead™ Retreat
Come out to learn, have lots of fun, lead and leave with valuable new insights and fresh tools and perspectives to enhance your life and coaching skills.
NEW UPDATES: The Dare to Lead Retreat with Sandy Mitsch, MCC, CDTLF has been re-scheduled to a Virtual Workshop to ensure our members stay well and safe during the coronavirus threat. The new retreat information includes the following updates:
The Workshop Overview:
The Dare to Lead ™ workshop will be held via the Zoom Platform for 8-consecutive weeks on Wednesdays starting September 16 - November 4th. The workshop will begin on September 16, 2020, 10-11 am with the full group and continue with breakout group activities from 11:15 am to 12:45 pm or 1-2:30 pm (the number of groups and individual time will be based upon the number of participants enrolled). Dare to Lead™ has a requirement for no more than 15 participants per virtual breakout group to ensure intimacy and increased learning. We will do our best to accommodate specific times based upon your desired schedule but cannot guarantee.
If you have already registered to attend the event and paid your 50% registration, you do not need to take any action. We will retain your registration payment and apply to the event. If you cannot attend the Oct dates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will kindly refund your registration.
The Event Registration is Open for new attendees based on limited availability through August 28, 2020 $850.00 (members) $950.00 (non-members)
Members are defined as: "ICF-CF Members, Associates, and Students".
Registration costs do not include travel, hotel lodging or related miscellaneous charges. Registration does include “Coffee & Tea Service in Morning, Light Lunch, & Afternoon Snack.
Cancellation Policy – Full refunds will be given for participants who need to cancel prior to August 14, 2020. A 50% refund will be authorized up to August 28 2020, no refunds will be authorized after August 28, 2020.
Sponsors – We welcome sponsorships in support of this event, if interested please email email@example.com.
Based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown, Dare to Lead™ is a collection of four skill sets that are 100% teachable. It’s learning and practice that requires brave work, tough conversations, and showing up with our whole hearts.
The goal of the Dare to Lead™ Retreat is to share everything we’ve learned about “taking off the armor” and showing up as leaders in a skills-based and actionable playbook.
About Dr. Brené Brown
Dare to Lead™ is an empirically based courage-building program designed to be facilitated by organizational development professionals.
Brené is a research professor at the University of Houston where she holds the Huffington Foundation – Brené Brown Endowed Chair at The Graduate College of Social Work. She has spent the past two decades studying courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy, and most recently completed a seven-year study on courageous leadership. She is the author of five #1 New York Times bestsellers: The Gifts of Imperfection, Daring Greatly, Rising Strong, Braving the Wilderness, and Dare to Lead, which also debuted at #1 on The Wall Street Journal and Publisher’s Weekly list.
- In-person, 16-hour curriculum designed by Brené Brown
- Videos featuring Brené made exclusively for the Dare to Lead™ program
- Interactive and reflective exercises to practice the four skill sets of courage
- Individual, small group and large group work
- Dare to Lead™ Trained Certificate of Completion.
- (Being Dare to Lead™ Trained means you are personally familiar with the skills and tools for your own work situations and relationships. Those who are Dare to Lead™ Trained are not authorized to teach and facilitate this work to others and are not considered certified as Dare to Lead Certified Facilitators)
- Pending approval from the ICF for 14 hours of Core Competency/Resource development CCEs
- Understand why vulnerability is the foundational skill set of courage.
- Understand the critical role that self-awareness plays in daring leadership.
- Understand that it’s armor – not fear – that is the greatest obstacle to daring leadership.
- Understand the four skill sets that make up courage: rumbling with vulnerability, living into our values, BRAVING trust, and learning to rise.
- Understand that courage is a collection of four skill sets that are measurable, observable, and teachable.
- Recognize that vulnerability is the birthplace of many of the behaviors that define daring leadership including creativity, accountability, and difficult conversations.
- Recognize that daring leadership requires showing up for hard conversations and rumbles, including giving and receiving feedback.
- Learn tools to be you, be all in and fall, rise and try again.
About the Facilitator:
SANDY MITSCH, MCC, CPCC, CDTLF
Sandy is president of Sandy Mitsch LLC, a coaching and organization development firm based in Florida, serving clients across the globe. She has more than thirty years of direct experience as a leader in executive coaching, organization development, and human resources with experience in various industries and diverse corporate settings. She has been a coach and a member of senior management teams for companies driving executive and leadership development, organizational change, and team optimization programs. Sandy’s fiercely compassionate coaching approach gets to the root cause, creating higher levels of resiliency and success. She helps her clients brave new challenges, and discover and overcome the obstacles that can prevent them from performing at their full potential.
Sandy is a Master Certified Coach (MCC) through the International Coach Federation (ICF) and is formally trained and certified through the Coactive Training Institute (CTI). Sandy is a senior Certified Dare to Lead™ Facilitator and senior mentor and coach for other facilitators. She is also a senior faculty member, certified facilitator, and case consultant for Brené Brown's Daring Way™ program. She served as the founding leader for The Daring Way™ Midwest Region (covering 13 states and supporting more than 150 facilitators) in 2017 and co-leader in 2018. Sandy has been a valued presenter for Brené’s Courage Camp since 2016.
Sandy was a founding officer on the Board of Directors of the International Coach Federation-Chicago and served as President in 2002. She led the ICF’s Executive Coaching special interest group from 2005-2007. Sandy is a regular speaker and workshop facilitator on key leadership topics in the area of human development.
Space is limited for this event on a first come, first serve basis. We hope you will attend and join us in celebrating the exceptional work of Dr. Brené Brown and the many gifts of wisdom that her work provides to those who engage.