Two 20 Minute "TED" Talks:
1. Coaching The Creative Client presented by Vance Arnett
2. You Choose! Self Mastery and Energy Leadership through the Power of Choice presented by Laura Scott
“Teasing out the Muse: Coaching the Creative Client”
To a person who pays the bills by creating something of value that heretofore didn’t exist, the concept of meaning takes on almost limitless importance and they cannot produce or in truth exist in comfort without everything having meaning. When they find themselves, stumped, blocked, or otherwise high and dry for creative juice, fear of not “being good enough” often plays a significant role in why their Muse packed up and left town. Coaching these fascinating people requires an understanding of the concepts of habituation, routine, stimulation, and ownership. Coaches are uniquely adept and practiced at effective questioning that can “Tease the Muse Back”.
This 20-minute presentation is presented in a TED talk format to achieve the following objectives:
1) Develop and understanding of the special thought process of creative professionals
2) Understanding their need to stimulate them through powerful laser questioning;
3) Really understanding the need for patient and thoughtful strategic listening;
4) There is no such thing as too much deserved affirmation for a creative;
5) The act of being “stumped” is an essential part of the act of being creative; and,
6) The resolution and the return of the Muse is shocking in it’s totality not having arrived in stages or in bits and pieces but as a complete flash of brilliance.
You Choose! Self-Mastery and Energy Leadership through the Power of Choice.
Recent studies reveal that choice is a key factor in happiness and empowerment. This 20 minute presentation will provide coaches and consultants a sampling of the questions and strategies that can be used to help clients harness the power of choice to make radical changes in their life and behaviors.
You will learn:
-- How to engage and empower clients using conscious, values-based, decision-making.
-- Three powerful questions that shift the power to your client.
-- How you can use these strategies and questions to modify behavior.
Laura Scott is an Energy Leadership ™ Master Practitioner and a certified, professional coach accredited by the International Coaches Federation. Scott is President of 180 Coaching, based in Tampa, Florida, serving executives, leaders and teams, and clients in transition in North America and abroad.
Don't miss this opportunity and bring a friend! Please remember that cancellations must be received at least 72 hours in advance.