The Power of Questions
March 20 (Tampa)
* Please note that the walk-in fee is $40 for both members and guests.
This presentation will invite the audience to experience and learn about what makes questions powerful. Lean how to ask questions that move you from a coach who helps your client in solving a problem to a coach who partners with your client for internal change. Learn how to ask intentional questions that support your client’s transformation.
Bring your best questions and be ready to play!
What participants can expect to take away from the presentation:
• A deeper understanding of the core competency Evoking Awareness
• Practice demonstrating the ICF Core Competencies
• Ideas on how to develop your own questions to support your client’s growth and learning
• Conversation to share ideas and wisdom between participants.
ICF Core Competencies that will be addressed in your program (check all that apply):
- Demonstrates Ethical Practice
- Embodies a Coaching Mindset
- Establishes and Maintains Agreements
- Cultivates Trust and Safety
- Maintains Presence
- Listens Actively
- Evokes Awareness
- Facilitates Client Growth
About our Presenter:
Julie Shows, Master Certified Coach, is the founder of The Coaching Connection, a leadership and executive coaching business. For over 20 years she has worked with leaders in organizations to develop authentic leadership. She has worked in for profit and nonprofit organizations as well as government agencies. Her focus has been on working with emerging leaders and helping them transition from managing to leading.
For the past 18 years Julie has been training and mentoring coaches to understand and demonstrate the foundational ICF Core Competencies. She has worked with coaches in their own development as well as those who are working towards a credential. She has been an active participant in the development and assessment of coaching competency through her work in the Georgetown University Leadership Coaching Program where she has been part of the faculty since 2002. She served as Program Director from 2010 -2014 and Training Director from 2015-2018. Julie also participated in the design and delivery of the PCC Markers Training for assessors of ICF accredited schools from 2014 to 2019.
Julie lives in central Florida. She enjoys golf, yoga and spending time with friends both at home and around the world.
Julie can be reached at email@example.com.