Many of you have already contributed to the great success of the Strategic Choices Workshop and Coaching Program that is now a required component of the new UT practicum course. The purpose of the workshop and follow-up coaching is to help students develop a strategic personal and professional development plan. Students continue to report that their experience with their coaches it is their favorite part of the course.
We have a bumper crop of students this semester and will need at least 40 Strategic Choices coaches this semester, based on the number of students currently enrolled. I would love for you to be one of the coaches. It would involve the following:
- Attending the Strategic Choices Workshop with MBA students where you will be matched with two students (dates and times are below),
- Meeting with your students from the workshop three times during the remainder of the semester.
- The first meeting should be face-to-face and occur within three weeks of the workshop.
We have three workshops planned to accommodate the number of students who will be participating and will need coaches for each of those times. The dates and times are as follows:
- Saturday, February 13th from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Saturday, February 13th from 1:30 pm – 5:00 pm
- Monday, February 15th from 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm
To prepare you to participate, we will send out a pre-workshop packet of information and also have a teleconference before the workshop to go over the agenda and materials and answer any questions you might have. It will be recorded and you will have access to the recording if you cannot be on the call at that time.
Please let us know as soon as possible if you can participate and which workshops you could attend by replying to COACHING@ut.edu
If all of the workshop times work for you, please let us know so that we can balance the coaches over the three workshops. Please let us your availability as well as your preferences. Neeshana and I look forward to hearing from you! Hope to see you next month.
Warmest regards, Mary Anne
Mary Anne Watson, PhD
Coordinator, Leadership Coaching Program
Coordinator, MBA Professional Development Practicum
Professor of Management